Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    Guilt Interlude

    Gosh, I have absolutely positively not much of an excuse for not having posted parts II and III of my culinary adventures in Charleston, and I still will. I swear on the soft little head of my I-have-a-new-fun-for-mommy-habit-of-peeing-on-the-bathroom-floor cat that I will. Soon.

    In the meantime...

    Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl and But Enough About Me: A Jersey Girl's Unlikely Adventures Among the Absurdly Famous by Jancee Dunn: read it

    "Veronica Mars" season three: watch it

    "Half Nelson": see it

    EastVillageRadio.com: listen to it

    The Red Hook Ball Fields at the corner of Clinton and Bay Sts. in Brooklyn. The Times recommends: huarache or quesadilla with pork or chorizo; Honduran tacos with beans and cheese or with grilled steak; ceviche mixto; pupusas with beans and cheese; and chicken tamales, through the end of October; Annie Leibowitz exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, opens October 20th: go to it

    Clam dip and miniature heirlooms from the Union Square Farmer's Market; bento boxes at Sapa; and limencello purchases and wine tastings at the relocated Astor Wines & Spirits: eat and drink it

    No comments: