Sunday, August 12, 2007

    Grom

    Grom gelato on the Upper West Side is the newest long line in NYC. I went for the first time today and had the Cioccolato all'arancia, dark chocolate with candied orange, and the Crema di Grom, a creamy mint -- two flavors that definitely didn't go together, but what I wanted nonetheless! What makes Grom unique is that their ingredients are mostly grown on their own farm in Italy, and they make the liquid bases for the gelato in Italy and then ship 'em here to whip and sell. Creamy, rich, dense, flavorful. Very good, great even, but I'm equally happy with Il Laboratorio, and think my favorite ice cream of the summer is 5 Boroughs.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    yummm! you just gave me a new place to check out before the summer's end!

    Anonymous said...

    whoa. gotta try!